AMI Project Summary
For several years, Woodlands Water has been analyzing the potential to install Automatic Metering Infrastructure (AMI) in our service area to optimize operations and enhance customer service. Our focus was to achieve efficiencies and infrastructure improvements associated with each MUDs water infrastructure while providing many tangible and intangible benefits to our customers.
Following a competitive solicitation beginning in July 2019, Woodlands Water selected Ameresco to provide a “turnkey” solution to identify, design, install, , and monitor comprehensive water efficiency program.
The AMI project modernizes infrastructure and enhances transparency to allow customers to better manage their water resources. With this meter upgrade, customers will have access to more frequent and detailed information about water consumption, enabling them to have better control over their water usage and monthly bills.
Benefits of the Water Meter Upgrade
AMI smart water meters help conserve and ensure a better water future and provide a robust foundation for strong collaboration with our customers.
The new AMI meters will allow us to integrate meter consumption data into our existing WaterSmart customer portal. Customers will be able to have transparent access to consumption information, leak detection, high usage alerts, historical patterns, and bill predictions all using a web portal or mobile device.
Benefits to customers include:
- Ability to track/view daily water usage on smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- Set usage limits that warn of excessive usage or continuous usage.
- Help videos that can help you resolve common leak issues.
- Ability to set alerts for when you are out of town.
- View individualized usage in relation to previous usage history and/or weather/precipitation
- Improved customer engagement and service.
- Woodlands Water’s ability to quickly detect and stop leaks will be greatly enhanced.
- By providing up-to-date water usage data, customers can improve their efforts to conserve.
Ameresco will begin work the week of August 24th. The entire project will take approximately 18 months. In most cases, the transition will be completely transparent and will not affect the residents. The work will be performed during normal working hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Meter Technicians will be clearly identified with safety vest, placards on their trucks and a letter from Woodlands Water in their possession for your review.