Today the San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) Board of Directors unanimously approved a professional services agreement and work order for an additional preliminary engineering study to evaluate and analyze all systems and processes at Wastewater Treatment Facility No.1 near the community of Lakeside Cove in The Woodlands.
Led by Kimley-Horn Engineering, the study will assess each of the treatment facility’s systems for the potential to cause odors, provide recommended options for each system to reduce odors, and estimate corresponding costs. Also included will be a cost-benefit ratio for each option to allow for the comparison of expense to the estimated odor removal potential. The new Kimley-Horn study will incorporate data from a recently completed May 2020 odor study which had a smaller scope of work focused on identifying single sources of odor.
Preliminary Engineering Report Anticipated Schedule:
- Notice to Proceed – Monday, July 6, 2020
- Lakeside Cove Community Kick-off Update – Date and Format TBD
- “Tin Man” Review Assessment – July 20, 2020
- Facilities Investigation Reports – August 12, 2020
- Gravity Sanitary Sewer Line Investigation Report – September 16, 2020
- Draft Integrated Odor Control Plan Report – September 18, 2020
- WWTF No. 1 Dispersion Investigation Report – October 5, 2020
- Lakeside Cove Community Meeting – Meeting Date and Format TBD
- Final Integrated Odor Control Plan Report – October 14, 2020
The final integrated odor control reports are anticipated to be completed by October 14, 2020. The Woodlands MUDs, through The Woodlands Water Agency, will utilize this report to provide SJRA a recommended path forward regarding odor control at this facility.
For information on the Woodlands Water Agency visit their website at https://woodlandswater.org, call 855-426-7283, like them @WoodlandsWater and follow them on Twitter @WJPA_Water. For additional information on SJRA visit our website at www.sjra.net, like SJRA on Facebook @SanJacintoRiverAuthority, follow us on Twitter @SJRA_1937, find us on Instagram @sanjacintoriverauthoritysjra, or connect with us on LinkedIn @San Jacinto River Authority.